Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oh my knee, my knee

Well, I won't be running in that half marathon in September after all. As some of you may know, I have a torn meniscus in my left knee and I dislocated my knee. It happened while doing yard work. It was the reward for all my hard work.

Anyway, saw the doctor this week. Four more weeks of wearing the knee brace:

For quite some time the brusing was rather spectacular and I felt like a piece of abstract art:

And now the buising and swelling is mostly gone. I can finally sleep without the brace. I can do my physical therapy at home now. My exercise is restricted to activities such as walking, cycling or the elliptical. No running and no yoga yet.

It only really hurts if I pivot wrong or if I use it too much without my brace. Luckily I am healing quickly and will hopefully continue to do so.

No comments: