Friday, July 23, 2010

Yes, because a food thermometer is a vital purse item

As the mother of a toddler I admit to carrying strange items in my purse at any given moment. This can run the gamut from food, to toys, clothing, toothbrushes, spoons, to who knows what. A mommy's purse is a magical thing and contain unsuspecting items that will quiet a screaming child.

However, I never thought to carry a food thermometer in my purse. Apparenlty the microwave food industry did not prepare us well enough for life as busy adults working in an office.

The picture quuality is very poor (silly cell phone) but I will caption the words below for your reading enjoyment:

CHECK that product is cooked throughly.
Internal temperature needs to reach 165 F as measured by a food thermometer in several spots.
Has anyone ever been anal enough to do this? Check their microwave meal with a thermometer?

So before you leave the house, make sure you have all the items that you need for daily life:
keys...check
wallet...check
sunglasses...check
food thermometer.....che---what!

1 comment:

hushmama said...

nope. no food thermometer.
but i was just laughing at the contents of my purse at a party the other day when i was pulling out my camera and a pair of my daughter's underwear came out with it :)