Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dear Man Sitting Next To Me At Lunch

It was a beautiful day outside. Sunny, enough of a breeze to be comfortable, and good food. You and your wife were eating lunch with your friend. I had noticed your friend had lots of healing slashes on his leg. Appeared to be from a bypass operation and that was confirmed with hearing your conversation.

That didn't bother me at all. It's good that you had been through that before and could be there for your friend. You talked about how long parts of you hurt or tingled and how long it took you to heal. And your cell phone rang about every 2 minutes.

That didn't bother me at all.

However, I did not need to see your hairy 3rd trimester belly (and more) when you lifted your shirt to show your friend how well your scar had healed.

That I did bother me. Did you think before you lifted your shirt? I'm really a liberal person, but I would not feel the need to lower my pants in public and show another woman how well my c-section scar was healing. Though I bet that most men would not mind that so much.

Please, men with pot bellies, please do not lift your shirts in public.

No comments: