Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Am A Runner

Gulp. Or at least, I hope to be. I am trying to start out with the right attitude about this.

I have a love/hate relationship with running. Unlike my husband, who really seems to enjoy it, I never seem to get a running high or even a running tingle. I do love what it does for my body and that it's good exercise and allows me to eat more desserts without gaining weight.

Here's the plan. I am going to run the Women's Half Marathon in Nashville, TN on Saturday, September 25, 2010. That means, as of today, I have 149 days or just over 21 weeks in order to prepare. All of the training schedules I have looked at are 12 weeks long. Since it's been a very long time since I did any real exercise, much less any running, I know that I will need a couple of weeks to get to the first week of training.

I'm trying to get some friends, family and colleagues to jump on this wagon with me. Stay tuned for updates on my successes, my setbacks and all the in-betweens as I embark on this running journey.

No comments: